Deck view display text not following rules defined in Help?

Iโ€™m working on my first view in my first app and I simply canโ€™t get the Deck items to show the two fields I want.

The table behind the view has columns:
_RowNumber - Number
UnitNumber - Number [Key, Label]
ReceivedDate - Date
โ€ฆ~20 more columns of various types: Date, Text, Number, LongText, Yes/Noโ€ฆ
(virtual) Related Items - List
(virtual) MyCustomDisplayText - Name

According to this Help topic:

โ€œโ€ฆDeck view will display two text columns โ€ฆ chosen in the following order: Row Label, Virtual Columns of type Name, Name type columns, key columns, required columns, normal columns in sheet order.โ€

From that description, I would expect my Deck view to show UnitNumber (Row Label) and MyCustomDisplayText (first Virtual Column of type Name). Instead, itโ€™s showing UnitNumber and ReceivedDate (just the next column after UnitNumber).

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you. -Matt

0 2 335
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

Those are just the columns that the editor auto-picked for you. In the Deck viewโ€™s definition, find this section. The red arrows show where you choose which two columns to show.

Man, how did I miss that? I must have looked through all the View configurations three or four times before giving up and posting here. I think I glossed over these settings because their values were blank and I was looking for something specifying the current fields being displayed. That, combined with that Help topic steering me towards the Data setup. Either way, a bit embarrassing!

This is exactly what I needed. Thank you very much. Glad to find out this setting is here in the View setup and not controlled by Data field setup like I was starting to believe.

Top Labels in this Space