Defined value to trigger opening a new entry in another table

Hello, your kind help needed again,

I have 2 tables: JOBS and EXTENDED CONTROL.

When a new entry for JOBS is added and its 1 column โ€œTypeโ€ has a value e.g. โ€œExtendedโ€ I would like to trigger on that value and after saving new entry - then open a new entry in the table EXTENDED CONTROL with prefilled some columns with values from JOBS, then to fulfill other columns, and save this new entry.

Seems to be easy and Iโ€™m trying to do it with an action โ€œgo to another viewโ€/ LINKTOFORM but cannot reach the results.
Itโ€™s the first time I need to apply this kind of approach (deep links, linktoform etc.) and I see this very powerful, however probably I havenโ€™t understood its logic.

Iโ€™ll appreciate your help.

Thank you!

0 4 166
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This should be pretty straight-forward. What have you tried?

I created an action (go to another vew in this app) working on table JOBS and targetted with link LINKTOFORM(โ€œRAPORT_TESTY_Formโ€, "ID DZIALANIAโ€, [ID DZIALANIA], "NR SERYJNYโ€, [NR SERYJNY]).
In the action behaviour I define the condition for the value e.g. โ€œEXTENDEDโ€.

In that point Iโ€™ve stucked.

What youโ€™ll want to do is attach your LINKTOFORM() action to the JOBS form view as the Form Saved event action:

This will cause the action to fire automatically whenever the user saves the form.

You should not be using a workflow here. Workflows cannot be used to navigate.

Hello, Steve,

I apologize for not answering - simply had no time to follow your information. Iโ€™ll try it tomorrow or during the weekend.

Thank you for your support and patience. Iโ€™ll let you know my results.

Radosล‚aw Sobkowicz

Top Labels in this Space