Defining the Correct File Path

Hello,

This is my current App path where my files are being stored: appsheet/data/WorkOrders-1380002
In there I can find several folders.

HOWEVER, when I Create a new File based on a Template the result is being saved into appsheet/data/Jobs-1380002/Files

I donโ€™t really know why my App points to two different App folders, but

• How can I set the path in my App to open the files inside the Jobs-1380002 folder?
    Currently I have set up this formula on my file column with no luck
    CONCATENATE("/data/Jobs-1380002/Files/", [job_id].[job_number],".pdf")

Attach is my task, thanks!

Solved Solved
0 3 1,742
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

This portion:
appsheet/data/Jobs-1380002

Is determined by your โ€œDefault app folderโ€ setting (see below). Itโ€™s intention is to collate all of you application folders under a main app folder. If you are building several apps. I would leave this as is.

This portion:
Files

Is the default folder used by AppSheet IF you do not specify a folder in the โ€œFile Folder Pathโ€ property in your Task.

Location of โ€œDefault App Folderโ€ Setting

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

This portion:
appsheet/data/Jobs-1380002

Is determined by your โ€œDefault app folderโ€ setting (see below). Itโ€™s intention is to collate all of you application folders under a main app folder. If you are building several apps. I would leave this as is.

This portion:
Files

Is the default folder used by AppSheet IF you do not specify a folder in the โ€œFile Folder Pathโ€ property in your Task.

Location of โ€œDefault App Folderโ€ Setting

Thanks!,

As indicated I deleted the previous Default app folder and when saved, Appsheet placed the correct one.

With that, and updating the CONCATENATE formula it is working correctly now.

Are you using a Google Sheet?

The odd thing about AppSheet, when using a Google Sheet and probably any spreadsheet, is that File and Image columns base their root folder off of the location of the sheet. I recommend, to keep things simple, is to make sure the sheet is located in your Default app folder - in your case โ€œappsheet/data/Jobs-1380002โ€.

Then in the File column, you should be able to do this:

CONCATENATE("Files/", [job_id].[job_number],".pdf")
Top Labels in this Space