Delete Child Row when Parent Parent Column is Updated

Hi! Newbie here! I've done a lot of searching but haven't really found an answer yet and I don't know if it's possible. So I have a list of products (Parent Table) which adds a row to the Child Table (Customer Price List) with an action. The idea is that I have a sheet with the desired products data that can be printed for customers. However, when that product sells, I don't want to delete it from the parent table but I do want it deleted from the Child Table (Customer Price List).

Ive created a bot where the triggering event is an update to a Sold? column in the parent table. This works great. My issue is how to select the Child Row where the keys match for deletion.  Column VIN is the Key in both sheets and they are both Text fields.

Ive tried Run Action on Rows, referencing the Child Table then using this formula "List ([VIN]=Customer Price List[VIN])" but the error is "Cannot compare Text with List in ([VIN] = Customer Price List[VIN])"

Any ideas? Thank You

0 3 145
3 REPLIES 3

@NorthstateAutoB wrote:

[VIN]=Customer Price List[VIN]

Customer Price List[VIN] is a list of values. [VIN] is a single value. Even if the list comprises only a single value, it's a list and that can't equal any single value. Try using the IN function.

Thank you so much for your response!! I really appreciate it! I tried "IN([VIN],Customer Price List[VIN])" but recieved the error "The expression is valid but its result type 'Yes/No' is not one of the expected types: List"

I also tried SELECT()

If you explain (maybe using a screenshot) where you're using the expression, someone can likely provide more targeted advice beyond simply interpreting the errors you report.

Top Labels in this Space