Display and acknowledge having viewed a document

From time to time I need to send staff a memo/document and get them to read and return an acknowledged copy so I was thinking of adding a Documents table and a Viewed table in an app they already use for other purposes. In the Documents table I would store a Doc Title and a Document, maybe a PDF. , The Viewed table would save the fact that they've viewed the file and collect a signature acknowledgement.

I would like to keep these tables and associated forms off menus. Instead I would like to be able to email users a Link that would open the app, and take them to a view that would enable them to view the document. When they exit from viewing the document, I need it to return to a form  where they could record their name and sign to confirm they have read the document. When that record is added it would send them and me an email with the document and their acknowlegement at the bottom.

Most of it I can do, but I am not sure how to do the section in bold highlights in my question. Am I asking too much of Appsheet, or is this doable, and if so, broadly how?

Solved Solved
0 2 1,630
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Some quick points from me:

"I would like to be able to email users" - So maybe have an action button in the document record that triggers a bot.  The bot then sends an email to everyone who hasn't signed to say they've read it.

"a Link that would open the app and take them to a view that would enable them to view the document" - Use a deeplink

"When they exit from viewing the document, I need it to return to a form where they could record their name and sign to confirm they have read the document" - I can't think of a way you can force them to sign after they have read the document.  But instead what I'd do is to have another button in the documents table called "Sign" or something.  If they click this it runs an action to create a row on the Viewed table.  In this row you have a signature box with a changetimestamp column which tracks the signtuare column.  This gives you the date and  time they agreed.  Then you'll also need to record UserEmail() somewhere so you can track who signed.  If there is a case for it you could also reocrd Here() if you wanted.

Hope this helps 🙂

Simon, 1minManager.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Some quick points from me:

"I would like to be able to email users" - So maybe have an action button in the document record that triggers a bot.  The bot then sends an email to everyone who hasn't signed to say they've read it.

"a Link that would open the app and take them to a view that would enable them to view the document" - Use a deeplink

"When they exit from viewing the document, I need it to return to a form where they could record their name and sign to confirm they have read the document" - I can't think of a way you can force them to sign after they have read the document.  But instead what I'd do is to have another button in the documents table called "Sign" or something.  If they click this it runs an action to create a row on the Viewed table.  In this row you have a signature box with a changetimestamp column which tracks the signtuare column.  This gives you the date and  time they agreed.  Then you'll also need to record UserEmail() somewhere so you can track who signed.  If there is a case for it you could also reocrd Here() if you wanted.

Hope this helps 🙂

Simon, 1minManager.com

Thanks for your comments. I think I can make it work as suggested. The only thing I won't be able to do (I don't think) is create a PDF that is effectively a composite of the document with the acknowledgement at the end, like I could do if I created a Word/GDoc template. Appreciate your input. I will probably do it as suggested. Thanks again.

Top Labels in this Space