Dependant Dropdowns

I am currently trying to build functionality into a timesheet app where, on the form, a project is selected which enables another dropdown where a task, related to that project can be selected.

I’ve read a few articles on dependant dropdowns and tried modifying numerous snippets of code posted but have been unable to get anything to correctly work for me.

Basically, each project can have many tasks, at the moment each task can belong to multiple projects (HOWEVER, if this is an issue, I can change this to each task belongs to only one project) and each timesheet has only one project but can have multiple tasks related to that same project.

So I have three tables that relate to this, a Projects table where I have a text field called Project. I have a Tasks table, where I have a text field called Task and an Enumlist (Ref Base) called Related Project / s. Lastly I have a Table DDS (Dependant Dropdown Sample) where I have Project Worked On field and a Tasks Worked On field unsure of the column types required for this.

This article was great but didn’t quite answer my question;

This post was the closest scenario I could find, however despite all atempts, could not get this to work either.

Any help in trying to get the required column types for the DDS table and the Valid If Statment working would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks !

Solved Solved
0 3 330
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That would suggest either the label column is not set properly, or the Tasks Worked On column is not configured as an EnumList of base type Ref with a source table of Tasks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The Valid If for the Project Worked On column of the DDS table:

FILTER("Projects", TRUE)

The Valid If for the Tasks Worked On column of the DDS table:

FILTER("Tasks", IN([_THISROW].[Project], [Related Project / s]))

See also:

Thanks @Steve, the valid if didn’t work be default for the Tasks Worked On column, however I changed it to this;

FILTER(“Tasks”, IN([_THISROW].[Projects Worked On], [Related Project / s]))

This doesn’t display any errors, however, the only issue now is that in the app, it displays the ID field not the Label field. Essentially just shows a string of characters.

I have attached a screenshot.

Thanks again!!

Screenshot 2020-12-16 193758|392x500

That would suggest either the label column is not set properly, or the Tasks Worked On column is not configured as an EnumList of base type Ref with a source table of Tasks.

Top Labels in this Space