Image column on Private tables

Tham

I am using the private tables feature in one of my app while I am learning to create an app using AppSheet. I have enabled the feature by turning off the Shared? and setting the Access mode to as app user.

Everything works fine, users can create, update, view and delete the records via the app, except that the image in the private table is failed to show. I can see the Google sheet is created in the userโ€™s Google drive and the recordsโ€™ images have been saved to a directory next to it, but all these images are failed to show in the app.

If the Shared? and Access mode of the table are turned on and set to as app creator respectively, everything works fine including the images. Just that now all records and images will be save to the Google sheet and a directory of my (app creator) Google drive account.

May I know is there anything I am missing? or this is a bug? or Image column should not be used in a private table?

I am referring to this article while I am learning to use the private table feature.

Solved Solved
1 4 219
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tham

Hi @MultiTech_Visions and @Steve, thank you for your help to look into my question and direct me to AppSheet support. I have contacted the AppSheet support and received a helpful response from @Aki.

End up that I need to enable the Security > Options > Secure Image access option to show the images in private table.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Tham, welcome to the community!

Iโ€™m not 100% sure about the answer to this one; it might be a bug, if the functionality for the image column is that a folder will be created in the Private Tableโ€™s root folder to hold all the images in each users Gdrive.

If thatโ€™s how itโ€™s supposed to work - then this would be a bug.

But Iโ€™m not sure if thatโ€™s how it works.

@Steve might know who would be a good person to tag to answer this type of technical question. Or @LeventK or @Aleksi

I donโ€™t have any significant experience with private tables, let alone with associated images, so Iโ€™m afraid I have nothing to offer. It might be best to engage support@appsheet.com.

Tham

Hi @MultiTech_Visions and @Steve, thank you for your help to look into my question and direct me to AppSheet support. I have contacted the AppSheet support and received a helpful response from @Aki.

End up that I need to enable the Security > Options > Secure Image access option to show the images in private table.

This is helpful to know. (^_^)

Top Labels in this Space