Dependent Image column

Hello guys,

Iโ€™m trying to create an image column that will be automatically filled based on other column selection.

Iโ€™m triying this using the SHOW column type and a Lookup formula in the content field but is not working. The lookup should find the image linked stored in other table ( lookup([Tip bun],โ€œColumnsโ€,โ€œTip bunโ€,โ€œlink poza bunโ€)

Any idea?

Solved Solved
1 3 218
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Whenever youโ€™re doing a SELECT() style formula (which LOOKUP() is a part of), youโ€™ll have two contexts to deal with:

1. the context of where the formula is being evaluated - the column, inside a row, inside the table it lives in; and
  2. the context of where youโ€™re pulling data from.

By default, SELECT() style formulas all are evaluated from the context of the table youโ€™re pulling data from; if you wish to use data from the row the formula is being calculated for - thatโ€™s when you use

[_THISROW].[Column_Name]

It literally tells the system, โ€œHey, weโ€™re changing where you should be lookingโ€ฆ look at โ€œthisโ€ row now (literally the row your calculating for).โ€

Check and make sure the entries of your LOOKUP() formula are correct as well; the second entry should be the name of the table youโ€™re wanting to pull data from (thatโ€™s also the same table the [Tip bun] value will be found in).

LOOKUP([_thisrow].[Tip bun], โ€œTable_to_pull_data_fromโ€, โ€œColumn_where_value_will_be_foundโ€, โ€œColumn_whos_value_you_wantโ€)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Whenever youโ€™re doing a SELECT() style formula (which LOOKUP() is a part of), youโ€™ll have two contexts to deal with:

1. the context of where the formula is being evaluated - the column, inside a row, inside the table it lives in; and
  2. the context of where youโ€™re pulling data from.

By default, SELECT() style formulas all are evaluated from the context of the table youโ€™re pulling data from; if you wish to use data from the row the formula is being calculated for - thatโ€™s when you use

[_THISROW].[Column_Name]

It literally tells the system, โ€œHey, weโ€™re changing where you should be lookingโ€ฆ look at โ€œthisโ€ row now (literally the row your calculating for).โ€

Check and make sure the entries of your LOOKUP() formula are correct as well; the second entry should be the name of the table youโ€™re wanting to pull data from (thatโ€™s also the same table the [Tip bun] value will be found in).

LOOKUP([_thisrow].[Tip bun], โ€œTable_to_pull_data_fromโ€, โ€œColumn_where_value_will_be_foundโ€, โ€œColumn_whos_value_you_wantโ€)

Thank you. Working perfect !

I have to table, First Table is Personal DataBase, Name, ID, And Photograph, I placed the photo into the cell. Secnd table is shearching data. I used "LOOKUP([_thisrow].[Tip bun], โ€œTable_to_pull_data_fromโ€, โ€œColumn_where_value_will_be_foundโ€, โ€œColumn_whos_value_you_wantโ€) " this formule. But it is not working. I want to see Photograph. But ฤฑ cant. what should I do?

Top Labels in this Space