Dependent Image column

Hello guys,

I’m trying to create an image column that will be automatically filled based on other column selection.

I’m triying this using the SHOW column type and a Lookup formula in the content field but is not working. The lookup should find the image linked stored in other table ( lookup([Tip bun],“Columns”,“Tip bun”,“link poza bun”)

Any idea?

Solved Solved
1 3 216
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Whenever you’re doing a SELECT() style formula (which LOOKUP() is a part of), you’ll have two contexts to deal with:

1. the context of where the formula is being evaluated - the column, inside a row, inside the table it lives in; and
  2. the context of where you’re pulling data from.

By default, SELECT() style formulas all are evaluated from the context of the table you’re pulling data from; if you wish to use data from the row the formula is being calculated for - that’s when you use

[_THISROW].[Column_Name]

It literally tells the system, “Hey, we’re changing where you should be looking… look at “this” row now (literally the row your calculating for).”

Check and make sure the entries of your LOOKUP() formula are correct as well; the second entry should be the name of the table you’re wanting to pull data from (that’s also the same table the [Tip bun] value will be found in).

LOOKUP([_thisrow].[Tip bun], “Table_to_pull_data_from”, “Column_where_value_will_be_found”, “Column_whos_value_you_want”)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Whenever you’re doing a SELECT() style formula (which LOOKUP() is a part of), you’ll have two contexts to deal with:

1. the context of where the formula is being evaluated - the column, inside a row, inside the table it lives in; and
  2. the context of where you’re pulling data from.

By default, SELECT() style formulas all are evaluated from the context of the table you’re pulling data from; if you wish to use data from the row the formula is being calculated for - that’s when you use

[_THISROW].[Column_Name]

It literally tells the system, “Hey, we’re changing where you should be looking… look at “this” row now (literally the row your calculating for).”

Check and make sure the entries of your LOOKUP() formula are correct as well; the second entry should be the name of the table you’re wanting to pull data from (that’s also the same table the [Tip bun] value will be found in).

LOOKUP([_thisrow].[Tip bun], “Table_to_pull_data_from”, “Column_where_value_will_be_found”, “Column_whos_value_you_want”)

Thank you. Working perfect !

I have to table, First Table is Personal DataBase, Name, ID, And Photograph, I placed the photo into the cell. Secnd table is shearching data. I used "LOOKUP([_thisrow].[Tip bun], “Table_to_pull_data_from”, “Column_where_value_will_be_found”, “Column_whos_value_you_want”) " this formule. But it is not working. I want to see Photograph. But ı cant. what should I do?

Top Labels in this Space