Desktop VIEW bug

@wabrian 

Hello seeking assistant regarding desktop view bug.

I have an issue with regards to VALID if and Editable. It is perfectly working in mobile and tablet mode but it in not working well in Desktop Preview. i found out that the error is because in desktop mode once you fillout one of of the field(example here is the "Assigned To") it is pre populated in the table therefore it affect the behaviour of the column formula. Hoping for the dev to fix this ASAP.

** Before i choose the assigned to

Sanie_Magro_0-1677471995242.png

**After i choose the assigned to. the formula is(if the [assigned to] <> [to the current user group]) then the [assigned to] and the [remarks] will not be editable anymore.

Sanie_Magro_1-1677472263646.png

Solved Solved
0 3 405
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Desktop View is currently a preview feature and under active development. Preview features are not yet suitable for use in important apps. Until it has achieved greater stability, I recommend against using this preview feature except for testing and to help the AppSheet developers in their efforts. To follow the progress of and contribute to the development effort, please visit this dedicated Community topic:

In Preview: New UI design for desktop users

View solution in original post

We're currently rolling out a fix for an expression inconsistency issue in desktop mode involving expressions that refer back to the same table that's being edited in the form. Hard to say for sure without seeing the full configuration, but it sounds like this might be an example of that. You can find the rollout progress in the release notes (100% free and 50% paid users as of yesterday, will be 75% paid today).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Desktop View is currently a preview feature and under active development. Preview features are not yet suitable for use in important apps. Until it has achieved greater stability, I recommend against using this preview feature except for testing and to help the AppSheet developers in their efforts. To follow the progress of and contribute to the development effort, please visit this dedicated Community topic:

In Preview: New UI design for desktop users

We're currently rolling out a fix for an expression inconsistency issue in desktop mode involving expressions that refer back to the same table that's being edited in the form. Hard to say for sure without seeing the full configuration, but it sounds like this might be an example of that. You can find the rollout progress in the release notes (100% free and 50% paid users as of yesterday, will be 75% paid today).

Has this fix been pushed out globally?  I'm still having an issue with desktop mode involving expressions.

For example NOT(IN([_ROWNUMBER], sametable[_ROWNUMBER]))  seems to work in mobile/tablet but not desktop

Top Labels in this Space