Developing and Using with Meta Quest Pro VR headset

I've been a good boy and thinking about asking Santa for a Meta Quest Pro VR headset. I'm not much of a gamer but developing in an immersive environment with several large windows is something I think I would enjoy and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience developing  and using Appsheets on such a device?

Information and speculation greatly appreciated.

Solved Solved
1 8 296
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ScampMichael wrote:

speculation greatly appreciated

As far as I know, you should be able to emulate virtual monitors, so it should look like a multiple monitor setup, not that AppSheet would need anything specific to work

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

@ScampMichael wrote:

speculation greatly appreciated

As far as I know, you should be able to emulate virtual monitors, so it should look like a multiple monitor setup, not that AppSheet would need anything specific to work

Btw, this should be a better solution for your particular use case, unless you care about the metaverse:
https://www.nreal.ai/

Thank you @SkrOYC for the alternative possibility. I am not interested in gaming or what verse I am in.

What I am really looking forward to with VR is an the immersive development environment with several large screens being displayed, one being the development area and others with reference material and libraries.

I know I can have all this open at once with different windows and tabs but my poor little pea brain has trouble keeping up with it and having it displayed all at once makes it much simpler to reuse existing code which makes for a much more pleasurable experience, almost like putting together a puzzle.

I will definitely look into Nreal and others that might accomplish the task. Thanks again

Thanks again,

Michael 

@ScampMichael wrote:

several large screens being displayed

Nebula for Mac with M chips released / AR experience on PC : nreal

"Multimonitor" setups are only available on Mac for now, the rest will work as just a single monitor

The quest Pro had the following in the spec sheet and I was hoping it would solve the multimonitor problem.

MULTI-TASKING MADE EASY

Pop open multiple resizable screens, work on new ideas. With this new superpower, multitasking has never been easier.

Hoping someone will post a video showing this in action to make sure it works as I invasion

With any of the Oculus Quests, not just the pro, you can use a virtual desktop - which allows you to connect to your PC and create any number of screens around you that you want.

• If you had one of those, you could give this a try and see what it was like.

Iโ€™ve always thought it would be amazing to display tables and charts in 3D with AR, using data captured or generated with AppSheet. This could help with visualizing an inventory in a warehouse for example.

I donโ€™t know if this feature is on the roadmap for Looker Studio (formerly Data Studio), but it could be a pretty cool integration using AppSheet Databases. I know looker was attempting something like this prior to Googleโ€™s acquisition, using VR.

Nreal Air

Meta Quest Pro

Top Labels in this Space