Different results with the same expression

Hello again,.

I have a question, I hope you can help me...

I have two virtual columns with the same formula, in the same table, everything is the same, but when generating the virtual column one of them is generated as TYPE LIST Element type ENUM (this brings me exactly what I need), the second column virtual is generated with the characteristics TYPE LIST Element type REF (it gives me the name of the virtual column).

The question is why it generates them with different characteristics being a replica of the other?

can i fix this?

Greetings

Formula.PNGSelect meses.PNGSelect meses II.PNG

Solved Solved
0 6 164
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's interesting...

I'm wondering, did you slowly write the expression in one column first, and perhaps save it in a partial state, then go back to finish it, and then just copy and pasted into another column? That may explain the difference in element types, because if you saved a partial bit of the code, the system tried to pick the most suitable type based on that, but when you copied the entire thing to another VC, the system tried to pick the most suitable type based on the entire expression, instead of the partial one.

Either way, the system is often quite dumb, feel free to change the type to whatever you need. I don't think you want Enum as an element type though, try Text? Or based on the error message you posted, maybe Number?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You can change it from Ref to Enum or vice versa, the AppSheet AI will auto-detect the column type if there are related tables.

I made the changes, but when I do it I get this error:

error.PNG

What exactly is the problem please? Are you not able to change the base type of the generated vc?

I can make the change, but when doing so I get this error:

error.PNG

That's interesting...

I'm wondering, did you slowly write the expression in one column first, and perhaps save it in a partial state, then go back to finish it, and then just copy and pasted into another column? That may explain the difference in element types, because if you saved a partial bit of the code, the system tried to pick the most suitable type based on that, but when you copied the entire thing to another VC, the system tried to pick the most suitable type based on the entire expression, instead of the partial one.

Either way, the system is often quite dumb, feel free to change the type to whatever you need. I don't think you want Enum as an element type though, try Text? Or based on the error message you posted, maybe Number?

Hello,

Thank you very much for your support, I changed it to a number and it worked perfectly.

Top Labels in this Space