Display Name of aView

Hi, In a view I have the following action when a row is selected : "LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("CHATS", [PROD_ID] = [_THISROW].[PROD_ID])"

What I want is that the Display Name of the view "CHAT" is the column "PROD_NAME" of the table "PRODUCTS".  The column "PROD_ID" in the table "CHAT" is Ref to the table "PRODUCTS"

thanks for the help

Solved Solved
0 5 149
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

What you're trying to accomplish is not simple or straightforward. If it's critical, here are some additional steps to experiment with.

In the table where you're storing the PROD_ID_SELECTED value for use in the display name expression, use the INPUT function in the expression in the action that sets the value of the column. For example:

INPUT("PROD_ID_SELECTED_InputName", "")

That should in turn create in the "execute an action on a set of rows" action a With these inputs property where you can provide the PROD_ID for the Input name property you named in the INPUT function.

dbaum_0-1669079185187.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi!  I'm having difficulty understanding exactly what you want to do.  Could you use some screenshots to help illustrate the exact situation and exactly where you want the display to change?

Hi, the firts one is the list of prodcuts, then when you select one goes to the second one, what I want is to put in the Highlighted the Name of the product selected

fjcasadoa_0-1669076236496.png

fjcasadoa_1-1669076262747.png

Here's one technique to consider:

• Replace your existing row selection action with a grouped action that first populates the PROD_ID somewhere like a PROD_SELECTED column in a Users table, and then performs your LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW action.
  • Use an expression in the CHATS view's Display name property that uses the PROD_SELECTED value (e.g., via a current user slice) to derive the PROD_NAME value you want (e.g., [PROD_SELECTED].[PROD_NAME]).

Hi , thanks for the help

I'm trying to populate the column "PROD_ID_SELECTED" from the table "TBL_USUARIOS"

Firts I select the User Row in the action "GRABA_RPOD_ID_SELECTED (SELECT USR_MAIL ROW)" and then populate the column "PROD_ID_SELECTED" in the action "GRABA_RPOD_ID_SELECTED (GRABA PROD_ID)"

My problem is that I don't know how to do it , because does not recognize[PROD_ID] selected

fjcasadoa_1-1669075988710.png

What you're trying to accomplish is not simple or straightforward. If it's critical, here are some additional steps to experiment with.

In the table where you're storing the PROD_ID_SELECTED value for use in the display name expression, use the INPUT function in the expression in the action that sets the value of the column. For example:

INPUT("PROD_ID_SELECTED_InputName", "")

That should in turn create in the "execute an action on a set of rows" action a With these inputs property where you can provide the PROD_ID for the Input name property you named in the INPUT function.

dbaum_0-1669079185187.png

Top Labels in this Space