Display specific column in related rows

Hi
When we use REF_ROWS expression, the result displays all columns of the referred table.

I want to refer a table to display only the specific column of my choice from the referred table.

Is there any way to display only the specific columns of user choice from the referred table

Regards

Solved Solved
0 5 1,358
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It does. In your circled view click the โ€œViewโ€ under the โ€œRelated Releasesโ€ as shown in the image below. If you do this while in the AppSheet editor, you will be taken a view similar to that I showed in my prior post above (NOTE: that image was NOT the full view. An example of the full emulator view is below in case it helps)

If in your case, yours happens to show โ€œfastTableโ€, then come back here for more help.

Full Emulator view showing View link in bottom left-hand corner

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yes. When Ref_Rows are displayed they are typically shown with an "โ€ฆ_inline " view that is system generated for the datasource the Ref_Rows are built on. These views default to a โ€œtableโ€ type view but can be changed to a few other supported types. You can specify the shown columns in that view just like the normal views we developers create.

The easiest way to get to the correct view to modify is clicking a provided link within the emulator.

1. Go to a view that is displaying your Ref_Rows in an inline table.
  2. Click the โ€œViewโ€ button under that table on the right hand side. This places the view in full screen mode.
  3. Tap the inline view link at the bottom-left under the emulator as shown in the image below.
  4. This should automatically take you to that view for editing.

Hi @WillowMobileSystems
This doesnโ€™t seem to be working for me as Iโ€™m not able to reach out to the view of inline view.

Let me try to explain my scenario further in detail

1. Have a table named PURCHASE having a column of interest as PURCHASE REFERENCE which is also key for this table
  2. There is another column within this table named RELATED RELEASES
  3. The RELATED RELEASES column type is LIST with app formula REF_ROWS(โ€œReleaseโ€, โ€œPurchase Referenceโ€), referring to the table name RELEASE
  4. The 1st view of PURCHASE table Purchase_Inline that displays all rows with limited enabled columns
  5. Clicking on any row of this view takes me to another view of Purchase_Details, that display all the columns for that given row
  6. In this view, the column RELATED RELEASES further displays all columns (more like a slice) of RELEASE table
  7. This is where I need to limit or define the columns that are to be displayed, instead of all columns that are currently being displayed
  8. Not able to find a way where I can change the columns to be displayed in this view

Hope this gives better clarity.

@WillowMobileSystemsโ€™ advice is good. What do you mean, โ€œIโ€™m not able to reach out to the view of inline viewโ€?

It does. In your circled view click the โ€œViewโ€ under the โ€œRelated Releasesโ€ as shown in the image below. If you do this while in the AppSheet editor, you will be taken a view similar to that I showed in my prior post above (NOTE: that image was NOT the full view. An example of the full emulator view is below in case it helps)

If in your case, yours happens to show โ€œfastTableโ€, then come back here for more help.

Full Emulator view showing View link in bottom left-hand corner

Hi @WillowMobileSystems
I understood it now Sir and able to work it out now. Thanks very much

Top Labels in this Space