Displaying Button for Multi-row Action

Iโ€™ve used actions a fair bit on individual table records, and I think I understand them pretty well in that context. The current problem Iโ€™m trying solve involves an action which will act on multiple rows. I understand how to setup the action to execute on a group of rows, my question is about displaying the action button. Given that this action is executing on many records, it really doesnโ€™t make sense to display the action button in the detail view. However, this is the only place I know how to display actions in. Is there a way to display action buttons in the primary view screen (not associated with a detail view)?

Solved Solved
0 9 719
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

My sample app is here:

https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/230844

I put the link to the โ€œOptionsโ€ menus (in my case, I have several) on the bottom bar.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Perhaps a single detail view, accessible from the hamburger menu, might do the trick. I handle an issue like this with a view I call โ€œOptionsโ€ in my app.

Interesting idea! Know of any example projects, which implement this?

My sample app is here:

https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/230844

I put the link to the โ€œOptionsโ€ menus (in my case, I have several) on the bottom bar.

As a feature request, this should be available. Iโ€™ve run into this problem multiple times.

Hi @Kirk_Masden, thanks for the demo, itโ€™s very helpful! I see how youโ€™ve done this, and I think I can do something similar. Question for you: my app doesnโ€™t show โ€œMENU VIEWSโ€. How do I get access to those?

Sorry, Phil, but Iโ€™m not sure I know what you mean. Could you share a screenshot of the menu views you are referring to in my app?

Of course, Kirk, thanks for your prompt response. See this screen shot. I donโ€™t see any of these views in Apps.

Hi!

I think youโ€™ll see something if you designate the position of one or more of your views as โ€œmenu.โ€

In the following app, I didnโ€™t have any views that were set to โ€œmenuโ€ so I couldnโ€™t see โ€œMENU VIEWSโ€.

Hi Kirk, ah ha. I see! Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space