Displaying non-label column

I want to display a list of UPC’s based off an Enum list of titles. I have the title column set as an Enum list ref. Not sure how to set up UPC’s.

Basically I want the inventory table to display the UPC’s that make up an SKU. An SKU can have multiple UPC’s and one UPC can be in multiple SKU’s, but each UPC is unique.

So if I create and SKU for Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches, it should contain the titles and UPC’s in their respective columns for Bread, Peanut Butter, and Jelly.

Please help. I feel like I have tried everything.

0 8 146
8 REPLIES 8

Try a “list dereference”?

[title column][UPC column in ref'd table]

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

For reference:

@Steve this article:

…should have a “See also” pointing to the “List deref” article.

Purely on the lighter side, we could request @steve to “reference” the “List Rereference” article in “Dereference Expressions” article with “is part of” relationship.

I added info inline. Thanks for mentioning it!

@Marc_Dillon & @Steve, it seems to be working for the inventory table, but I’m having trouble getting the same items in the drop down if the UPC is created from a purchase order.

Basically a client should be able to create a UPC from either the purchase order form or the inventory form. I want the same UPC’s to show up on both however, on the Purchase Order Form, they can only add one UPC per line and on the inventory form they can add multiple UPC’s per MSKU.

The UPC column on the Purchase Order Form is a Ref type and the UPC column on the inventory table is

What am I doing wrong?

I think you need to include screenshots of the data setup and what exactly isn’t working, because I wasn’t able to understand any of that.

I got it working, for now. I read all the articles I could about dereferences and lists and just used the SELECT() functions to pull the data. This is showing the UPC’s and titles on both the purchase order form and inventory form, regardless of where it’s created from.

I appreciate all the help!!!

Top Labels in this Space