Do not display Actions I want to delete some...

Do not display Actions

I want to delete some rows when a condition is met but the data in my table is as follows:

• text column called Item with values such as 1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1 etc. - text column called Root with values such as 1, 2, 3 etc. - a Yes/No column called Invoiced

The table contains: - rows where Root has values such as 1, 2, 3 etc. whose Item column is equal to the Root column value (TOPLEVEL rows) - rows where Item has values such as 1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1 etc. whose Root column value is 1 (CHILD rows)

When the Invoiced column is set to Y for a TOPLEVEL row with a specific Root value, I want to delete all the CHILD rows with the same Root value.

I have defined two actions for this: 1. Delete Child rows - look for corresponding TOPLEVEL row and if it is Invoiced, delete the row 2. Delete Parent row - look for corresponding CHILD rows and if there are none (meaning all CHILD rows have been deleted,) delete the row

My question is, is this a good way to do this and will it work with no explicit action by the user?

Secondarily, as there could be a lot of CHILD rows, I am concerned about speed.

It is easy to create a slice for the CHILD rows - could you consider an action where I can say delete all rows in a slice?

@Adam_Stone @Aleksi_Alkio @praveen

0 1 440
1 REPLY 1

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I have a workflow rule which triggers the Grouped action which includes the above mentioned two actions.

The actions are NOT being executed when the workflow rule is matching. In the audit log, I see this:

“AppTemplateName”: “LM-Master-179269”,

“AppId”: “9041ebe4-282a-4c87-9c40-87143bc9e843”,

“AppTemplateVersion”: “1.000052”,

“RuleName”: “Delete Invoiced”,

“EventType”: “Change”,

“Operation”: “Change workflow rule”,

“RuleEvalMode”: “Production”,

“TableName”: “Orders”,

“RuleTableName”: “Orders”,

“OperationUpdateMode”: “UPDATES_ONLY”,

“EventMatch”: “Workflow event successfully matched”,

“Condition”: “=AND(ISNOTBLANK([Invoiced]),[_THISROW_AFTER].[Invoiced]<>[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Invoiced])”,

“MatchesCondition”: “True”,

“Actions”: “Created 1 Actions”,

“Performance”: “{“Version”:1,“Time”:“00:00:00”,“PerformanceTimingRoot”:{“Mid”:154,“Params”:{“ParamList”:[{“Pid”:13,“Value”:“Invoice Items”}]},“Timer”:{“Time”:“00:00:00”},“Children”:[]}}”,

“Result”: “Success”

Top Labels in this Space