Document Process Automation Workflow

Hello AppSheet Community, Please will you confirm whether I can achieve the following using AppSheet:
I have a two parts to my workflow: 

1. Workflow 1: Create a series of 'client facing forms' that automatically update a 'single final document template' after submission - possibly use client ID tag on the forms to ensure only one document is produced per client..
  2. Workflow 2: If I am supplied the completed forms as PDF's, xlsx, word documents and jpegs, I need to automatically extract the relevant data from these multiple documents to the single final document template.

I also want to be able to track the progress of the completion of each single final document template using a progress bar.

Is this all possible using AppSheet?

Your expert guidance will be greatly appreciated!!!

Sincerely, 

AJ

Solved Solved
0 6 343
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Workflow 1 - By "client facing forms" I will assume you mean UI entry forms.  The answer to this portion is YES.  You can use Parent/Child relationships to achieve this goal.  For example, the Parent record might representative of your client.  Each of the "client facing forms" might be represented by one or more Child tables.  When it comes time to product your Client Document, you would have access to all of the related Client data through the Parent Client record.

Workflow 2 - The answer here is MAYBE.  AppSheet does have OCR capabilities to read documents and image to extract text and numeric data values and store in tables.  This function requires "training" with several sample documents.  If the completed documents you receive are in a consistent format, then OCR should work great.  If each Client has a different format but sends it consistently each time, then OCR will work great.  But if the documents/images are sufficiently different on each receipt, OCR will not be worth the effort. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Workflow 1 - By "client facing forms" I will assume you mean UI entry forms.  The answer to this portion is YES.  You can use Parent/Child relationships to achieve this goal.  For example, the Parent record might representative of your client.  Each of the "client facing forms" might be represented by one or more Child tables.  When it comes time to product your Client Document, you would have access to all of the related Client data through the Parent Client record.

Workflow 2 - The answer here is MAYBE.  AppSheet does have OCR capabilities to read documents and image to extract text and numeric data values and store in tables.  This function requires "training" with several sample documents.  If the completed documents you receive are in a consistent format, then OCR should work great.  If each Client has a different format but sends it consistently each time, then OCR will work great.  But if the documents/images are sufficiently different on each receipt, OCR will not be worth the effort. 

Hello @WillowMobileSys

Thank you very much for confirming and clarifying my questions.

In workflow 1 and 2 clients will submit images of their devices which need to also be automatically passed into the final document template. Is this possible? 

As for tracking, is that possible using Task Tracker?

Yes, images can be pulled in and shown in generated documents.

Thank you for confirming this. Is there a tutorial on how to do this?

I'm not aware of any but you might look up "AppSheet Templates" on YouTube or Google.

Alright. I will follow you advise. Thank you again. 

Top Labels in this Space