Does appsheet now have a feature to include a...

Does appsheet now have a feature to include a countdown? Eg:- I am building an app where a sales person is registered for training. He is then trained for 30 days and then an evaluation takes place.

I would like to put a countdown from 30 to 0 days on the app for the recruiter to see.

0 7 532
7 REPLIES 7

@Sukrit_Chopra such a counter is very easy to create with an AppFormula in a virtual or physical column depending on your app design.

You can do that with the virtual column like HOUR(TODAY()-[StartDate])/24

Just put a DateTime column with an initial value of NOW() in your main table. Create a [Countdown] virtual column with an AppFormula:

=DATE([DateTimeStamp])+30<=TODAY()

This formula will evaluate to TRUE/FALSE, where you can perform other operations with respect to the value of this Virtual Column

@Aleksi_Alkio thanks for the response, is there a way the virtual column could write data on my backend sheet, as someone at the HQ will also be looking at this date for registration.

I’m afraid it’s not possible to write virtual column’s value to the spreadsheet. If you need to do that, you should create a scheduled data change report which could fire an action to count that value once in a night.

Or you can create a script for that purpose.

@Aleksi_Alkio yea that’s the option I have gone with for now. Used a Macro at the backend google sheet which is on a trigger every midnight

Top Labels in this Space