Does appsheet support automatic updating of o...

Does appsheet support automatic updating of other column/cells of other sheet/table from using condition in other sheet/table? I am still new to appsheet and haven’t read the documentation. Hope my question is clear.

0 5 364
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to AppSheet.

I was a newbie here a couple of years ago and got lots of help.

I think I know the answer to your question.

The short answer is “yes” but it may depend on what you mean by “automatic.”

In my app, I have an action button that records data on the current sheet.

I have set it up so that, when the user taps on that button, related information is also recorded on a related record on another sheet.

To be sure, though, could you say a bit more about what kind of app you want to build and what kind of a scenario you have in mind?

The scenario is like of SQL function, if you are familiar with:

UPDATE table1 SET column=“data in table2” WHERE table1.data=table2.data. can it be done without adding action button or be translated into an appsheet expression?

Well, reading some docs might be helpful.

I’m not familiar with SQL, but AppSheet has “workflows,” which are similar to what you describe.

@Jessrhyl_Longay

The closest thing to that SQL Update statement in AppSheet would be Action button that sets the value of a column, then you can run that action for several rows in one of the 2 ways below:

1. Using Bulk Actions as described in the article below: http://help.appsheet.com/behavior/actions/actions-the-essentials

2. Use another action that executes the first action for a set of rows

Top Labels in this Space