Does not contain - Expression

Is there a way to control a columns show contraints based on values it DOES NOT CONTAIN. I am aware of and have used the “CONTAINS” expression but is there a way to look for something that isnt contained in a cell.

For example, I have a price column containing a spreadsheet formula (therefore I cannot use the app formula, initial value or valid if constaints), the formula will either provide a price e.g. £5.00 or have the value “Invalid Stock Code”. I dont want the app to appear with “Invalid Stock Code” I would like it to be blank or appear as 0.

Is this possible using the Show If Constraint??

2 3 2,905
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Try:

NOT(CONTAINS([Price], "Invalid Stock Code"))

You may have a bigger problem is the Price column is of type Price or Decimal but some cells may contain Text values (e.g., Invalid Stock Code). I don’t know how AppSheet will handle a value like that. Generally speaking, it’s bad practice to shoehorn an unrelated use (e.g., error reporting) into a column value like this.

Yes understood thank you, think that is why the show expression will not apply. Is there a way to hide text columns in a price column field?

No

Top Labels in this Space