DomainOf() Expression | not documented

@Steve 

By chance or accident, we get to know this expression is available and working.

2022-12-14_0-08-26.png

As far as I checked the official expression docs as well as announcement, this was never mentioned before (unless I overlooked the important announcement). 

If this is officially supported expression, @Steve  can you update the docs? Thank you!

@takuya_miyai 

3 9 254
9 REPLIES 9

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Attn @lizlynch 

Currently no hit.

A6547A80-73C8-412D-A974-1C8D3AA74057.GIF

@Steve 

On my own conclusion, the docs looks like this.

DOMAINOF()
TO EXTRACT THE DOMAIN TEXT OUT OF THE MAIL ADDRESS WHICH IS PASSED AS ARGUMENT TO THIS EXPRESSION.

Sample usage
DOMAINOF("abc@appsheet.com") returns appsheet.com

Syntax
DOMAINOF(email address)

email address - email address as textual value or column value whose data type is set to "email" type.

By the way, we really wish to have XXXOF type of expression, such as INDEXOF() without twisting the expression heavily around...

I know DomainOf/IndexOF expression are bringing totally different result and there are different level of difficulties in terms of technical perspectives.

With AppSheet, we are missing bunch of expressions to manipulate the arrays.

In appsheet terms, to manipulate the LIST.

This situation is not changing since I started AppSheet in 2017, hope the new solutions will be brought on to us .

Thank you @Koichi_Tsuji and @Steve . Bringing this to the attention of the AppSheet dev team to determine whether it should be officially documented. Stay tuned! Appreciate your raising this inquiry.
Liz

Curious why we have both DOMAINOF() and EXTRACTDOMAINS().

DOMAINOF(USEREMAIL())=ANY(EXTRACTDOMAINS(USEREMAIL())) 

should return true?

Whatever the case, any addition to the expression list is always welcome.

@Steve 

@Koichi_Tsuji @Steve 
The following functions are now documented:

Thank you!
Liz

Top Labels in this Space