Duplicate virtual column value based on matching row values in different tables

Doors

Hi All,

I have 25 tables where School classes can choose from multiple lunch items from an enum list.

This example table is called โ€œAngelfishโ€ and the class column is pre-populated from a google sheet to reflect the same value.

I have three virtual columns for each dinner selection that counts the number of orders for meat, veg or special.

Iโ€™d like to reflect these three separate counts on a different data table called โ€œSummaryโ€:

2X_5_5a195d608e3fc71f41dcb93f33650661c409a759.png

So the expression needs to reflect the following

Meat Column Expression:

For the current row in the table โ€œSummaryโ€ where the class column value matches the value of the class column in the table โ€œAngelfishโ€ show the value of the virtual column โ€œMeat Countโ€ from the Angelfish table.

I hope that makes sense? Thanks in advance.

J.

0 4 628
4 REPLIES 4

For example the Meat virtual column could have a formula likeโ€ฆ
COUNT(SELECT(Dinners[KeyColumn],AND(
[Class]=[_THISROW].[Class],
[Date]=TODAY(),
[Dinner]=โ€œMeatโ€)
))

Thanks @Aleksi but how does that expression dynamically check all 25 different tables to bring dinner selection data into the rows of my sumamry table?

In other words I dont have a dinners selection table called โ€œdinnersโ€. I have 25 separate tables (From Google sheets tabs) that are called various things. (Angelfish, Dolphin, Pufferfish etc)

Thanks, J.

It sounds that you should think about your app structure a littleโ€ฆ otherwise your formulas will be too complex. Is there any reason why do you need to have 25 separate sheets? Why donโ€™t you add all data in one sheet?

Doors

Thanks, I though you might say that.

Top Labels in this Space