Dynamic table in AppSheet

Hi, 

I have quite advanced Google Sheet scheduling file and I want to move it's logic to AppSheet, so that the users can fill it easier. 
Throught some calculations in other sheets, I receive a final table on which:
- headers change according to the current time period (blue arrow)
- row "headers" also change, depending of the current active team (red arrow)
- values of the matrix can be chosen manually by the person who fills the table 

ADRN_1-1702544591439.png
So my question is: is it possible to create a dynamic table in AppSheet, which will not require to regenerate structure each time? 
If NO then: does anyone have an idea how can I show the data in AppSheet? 

Thanks in advance!

0 5 384
5 REPLIES 5

If you use the Row#1 (Events) as a key column and those values Event1, etc don't change, you don't need to regenerate the column structure.

@AleksiAlkio , I tested out your proposition and let's say it works. But there is other problem. Data in columns has two different types: Date and whatever I will insert in the rows. 
I wanted to have Enum values to chose, but if I change the column type to Enum, date changes to numbers: 

ADRN_0-1704291392916.png

This is almost like a pivoted format in your google sheets.
What I can imagine would be linked tables (parent-child relationship) where the Events will be shown as a sub-table in the Person View.

You would need a Person table and an Event Table.
The Event table will have a [Person ID] which is a REF column pointing to the Person table.

Hey man,

you need 3 tables like this:

1. Persons (Person-ID, Person-Name, etc.)
2. Events (Event-ID, Event-Name, etc.)
3. Schedules (Schedule-ID, Person-ID, Event-ID, etc.)

Cheers

Hi guys, 

Thank you all for answers. 
@AleksiAlkio is closest to the thing I want to achieve, but I need to test it out, if that works every case. 
@JPAlpano , @Denny774 , I have the tables already linked and it is not the case on which tables are needed but rather how to design an UI for the users to be able to manage those dynamic changes and linked tables. But anyway, thanks for your answers!

Top Labels in this Space