EDIT system action, unexpected behaviour

Hi All, I found this behaviour not as expected on EDIT system action. Here is the explanation:

This is a custom Detail view, as bottom info shows:

• View: Retos detail (custom view)
  • Table: Retos SL (custom slice from Retos table)

Fernando_Lopez1_7-1651509548075.png

1. Pressing the EDIT action on DISPLAY OVERLY button:

It shows me custom Retos form view (NOT system generated form view) of Retos SL slice, which is the expected behaviour.

Fernando_Lopez1_1-1651508717318.png

2. Pressing the EDIT action on 3 dots menu on top:

Fernando_Lopez1_2-1651509027754.png 

Fernando_Lopez1_3-1651509044784.png

The result is DIFFERENT.

Fernando_Lopez1_5-1651509136937.png

It shows me system generated form view of Retos table, which is DIFFERENT from the above behaviour.

At first I think appsheet team has added a second EDIT system generated action, but it's not.

Fernando_Lopez1_6-1651509303032.png

As you can see, there's just ONE system generated action for EDIT.

Conclusion:

The result of pressing THE SAME EDIT system generated action, is different depending the position (Display OVERLAY and 3 dots top menu)

IS THIS CORRECT?

(I think this is an issue, a big one)

@Steve 

1 5 201
5 REPLIES 5

Agreed, that shouldn't happen.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated. I would encourage you to also engage Support for help with this.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

I would say this is expected while we don't have full control over the "defaults" that AppSheet uses for Detail, Form and Inline views.

I hope this is added soon, at least before I move on to another platform at this point

How would this be expected behavior?

Maybe you haven't understood the issue? When you execute the default overlay edit action, from a detail view based on a slice, you are taken to the form view of that same slice.

The issue described (and confirmed on my end) is that when executing the same default edit action, from the same detail view based on a slice, but from the 3-dot menu instead of the overlay, it now takes you to the form view of the base table.

One year ago posted this issue, until now there is no solution.

Can any google staff people can check this?

Top Labels in this Space