ENUMLIST Enhancement It would be really usefu...

ENUMLIST Enhancement It would be really useful if the ENUMLIST had the option of using a Hard Coded list of items (as it is now) or the ability to use a supplied list from a table. In my app I had a list of 20 items that I need the user to select from and be able to multi select.

This list was a standard response options for multiple questions.

I set it up and had to hard code the list into some 22 different question response fields.

This was fine until the customer wanted to increase the number of options from 20 to 30. I had hoped to use a ref and link to a single column table to provide the list.

This however is not an option if you need Multi Select.

I therefore now need to go in and add these additional 10 items to the 22 questions in the app.

I also suspect that at some point in the not too distant future the customer will want to add additional question, meaning hardcoding the 30 possible responses every time. Alternatively could the Ref have the option to multi select? Either would solve my issue and make the development of Question based apps so much easier. Your consideration in this matter would be appreciated.

0 4 318
4 REPLIES 4

To add to the above - a change like this would mean that the client can change, add or delete options rather than them needing to go into the build.

Why donโ€™t you read values from another table and then let the user to fill those values if needed?

If you need multi select then Ref would not make sense, because Ref columns like foreign keys are meant to only refer to one record on the referenced table.

As Aleksi suggested you can do this by reading values from a table of options; just enter something like this in the EnumListโ€™s Valid_if property:

OptionsTable[OptionColumn]

@Aleksi_Alkio @RezaRaoofi

Thanks guys for the direction, that usage of the Valid_If had passed me by.

Yes itโ€™s what I was looking for, and maybe is my point.

It is not obvious that there is this method.

Thanks again

Top Labels in this Space