Edit only existing rows

sorry total noob here, cant get app to work.
im quite proficient on excel and have created a t1 diabetic management calculator.
so i have a table with 31 headings on columns and 70 entries in rows below that are currently populated with defaults, desirable outcomes and targets. the aim is that you dont need to enter all 31 comments, only change yes to no if desirables are not metโ€ฆlong story!
I only want to allow editing of these in order 1, 2, 3, 4, ect.
when I use the relevant data sheet linked from dropbox, the emulator is blank, ive tried to create a form, but it is only allowing new data entries. if i uncheck the Add button, the form becomes inactive with an error.
help. thank you.

0 9 573
9 REPLIES 9

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

โ€œTheseโ€ being columns, or rows?

The view displayed by the emulator and the data used by that view should be identified at the bottom of the emulator. Is it?

This suggests the emulator isnโ€™t โ€œblankโ€, if you can see a form to get far enough to submit it.

What do you mean by โ€œinactiveโ€? What is the text of the error? Where is the error displayed?

2X_3_399f39db13b07839294d4b8f5439962f23aba2ad.png

Thats my table.

and yes i want 70 records listed in rows, 1-70, edited in sequence.

2X_6_686ed7f1d37f243803f2a7cfaa1a1d17b49cd209.png

Thats table mode in appsheet

its blank. my 70 entries are not there.

2X_c_cdf7b21280b7a0f13de35e2c46b9cb106ccfaf06.png

But that is form mode inappsheet.
i have restricted adding.
The read error message is because of this.

My data is not there, but it is allowing me to add to it

Thanks for the screenshots!

I would guess the testtable table in the app doesnโ€™t allow adds, and possibly not updates nor deletes. In the app editor, go to Data > Tables and ensure the Are updates allowed? property allows the changes you want.

sorry i wasnt more precise in my nooby language and thank you for taking the time to respond.

2X_9_94e4b69b3fb453a791559c39988724c1a25dc85d.png

I had a quick play on a rival site to see what it was likeโ€ฆ tbh, i much preferr appsheet, but this table on openasapp is what i hoped for. thanx again.

thank you for helping.
i actually solved the table issue last evening, it was simple and silly. It errored my rows because of multirow formulas. It then dawned on me what these wereโ€ฆ
I created my record list by doing = [cell above] +1, 1, 2, 3, 4. it rejected!
Manually typing in 1-70 (or doing a paste special > values) solved this error and my table entries now show with default values and are editable.
I would still like to find a solution to sequential editting though, ie, a โ€œsave AND nextโ€ action.

Easy enough! Youโ€™ll need to create an action (Behavior > Actions) of type App: go to another view within this app with a target expression that uses LINKTOROW() and calculates the target row key from the current row key ([_THISROW]). Then attach that action to the form viewโ€™s Form Saved event action.

Top Labels in this Space