New Bug Encountered: QuickEdit

Hi all,

Quick question regarding the Quick Edit feature; I am aware this is experimental and bugs may occur with this being under development.

I am attempting to utilise QuickEdit for a particular view in my app, specifically when assigning a request to an Order Number. Currently this involves two columns being edited: [Order No] and [Qty Ordered]. The data supporting this view is a slice, a select number of columns from a larger table.

When editing these two columns, I click save and get numerous dialogue boxes/popups regarding columns being required i.e. Qty Received is required OR Damaged is required. The issue with this is that [Qty Received] is not a column associated with this slice of data.
2X_e_eb147cdebee10fa43e0e42c76ab02553414ab390.png
This is the Data Slice I am working with; as you can see these columns are not involved.

When in QuickEdit is AppSheet disregarding the slice applied and looking at the entire table or is this a specific bug I need help with? Would appreciate any help thank you

0 2 529
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

EIG

Even though Qty Received is not part of the slice, it is still required on the the main column structure. You might be able to import the table twice. Once for when you donโ€™t need to have Qty Received and on for when you do need it.

One workaroundโ€ฆ add a conditional rule for your Editable option like CONTEXT(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œYourViewNameโ€. Then you can control where that field needs to be required.

Top Labels in this Space