Editing permissions

Hi, this time I am having a problem with the edit permissions. My goal is to make a field editable only for supervisors or managers and not for employees. So I create a new sheet in my database called โ€œSupervisorsโ€ and I include their email addresses.
In the โ€œEditable Ifโ€ field I use the following expression:

IN(USEREMAIL(), Supervisors[Email])

(USEREMAIL()) is one of the values in the list (Supervisors[Email])

Then I test in the section โ€œPreview App asโ€ the mails of the supervisors that are inside my sheet โ€œSupervisorsโ€. The first email takes it correctly and lets me edit the field. The second email does not recognize it and does not let me edit the field.

I have been trying with several expressions but I always get the same thing. With one email I have permissions to edit and with the other one I donโ€™t, when it is supposed that with all the emails that are in that list I should have those permissions to edit.

Could it be that I am doing something wrong? Or am I missing some expression?

As you can see below with the email adolfo@gmail.com.ar it does not let me edit the field.

Solved Solved
0 3 151
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I would expect it to do what you want, yes.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Preview app as is incomplete, so I donโ€™t even bother using it. I encourage you to contact support@appsheet.com and report this as a bug.

Oh, good to know, so the expression to restrict edit permissions is ok?

I would expect it to do what you want, yes.

Top Labels in this Space