Editing rows in enum list type ref

Hi everyone,

I'm creating an app that adds "to do" tasks. This is a computer service app. I have an enum-list column with rows of tasks e.g. Laptop doesn't work: - clean laptop $10 - install new operating system $10 - replace battery $20. Sometimes I need to change the price of the selected task.

Harczuk_0-1698667557753.png

Is there a way to change the value of the row within the form? Maybe you know an alternative for this problem. Please let me know.

Solved Solved
0 1 107
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Harczuk wrote:

Is there a way to change the value of the row within the form?

If you mean to edit one of the dropdown items, no there is not a way to do that.

The way I would handle this is to have a Tasks table with separate columns for the task description and Pricing.  When I multi-selelct from the dropdown list and SAVE,  I would reference the selected items into "To Do Details" table which also has its own Price column.  The base price is initially inserted from the Task reference but then is allowed to be overridden to a new Price without affecting the original row.

The work to convert the multi-select list of Tasks into rows in a "To Do Details" table will take some effort with a set of actions.  Search in the Tips area for "Looping with actions" which will provide you an example of how to implement this.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@Harczuk wrote:

Is there a way to change the value of the row within the form?

If you mean to edit one of the dropdown items, no there is not a way to do that.

The way I would handle this is to have a Tasks table with separate columns for the task description and Pricing.  When I multi-selelct from the dropdown list and SAVE,  I would reference the selected items into "To Do Details" table which also has its own Price column.  The base price is initially inserted from the Task reference but then is allowed to be overridden to a new Price without affecting the original row.

The work to convert the multi-select list of Tasks into rows in a "To Do Details" table will take some effort with a set of actions.  Search in the Tips area for "Looping with actions" which will provide you an example of how to implement this.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space