Email Automation Bot Editor Bug ?

I have created a bot that triggers an email. I have table App settings and a column with the type ENUMLIST . I use the expression shown in the below image in TO and REPLY TO. It works perfect and email is triggered when I use the expression in TO. But when I use the same copied expression in REPLY TO then it shows me an error. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong here. Any suggestions will be helpful.

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 7.25.16 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-10-25 at 7.25.29 PM.png

0 4 55
4 REPLIES 4

Your observation is correct. I think the automation has been configured in such a way that it expects the "Reply To Email" as a single email address. Even in the description a singular noun is used rather than plural in case of Reply to description. It does accept a single email address.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1666707803662.png

On the other hand To and CC etc. seem to have been designed for multiple email addresses ( list) , going by the description and they accept list of email addresses.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1666707914902.png

Suvrutt_Gurjar_2-1666707966403.png

Now it is matter of opinion that typically reply to is restricted to single person. But there could be definitely other opinions for multiple "Reply to " addresses and we could raise a feature request idea. But currently, it appears to be by design rather than a bug.

Reply-to being a single address is an internet convention, not an AppSheet limitation.

Thank you @Steve  for the confirmation.

Appreciate your attention to detail @Suvrutt_Gurjar. I think that's another limitation now.

Top Labels in this Space