Email Automation

Hello everyone,

I had this problem of not being able to receive the email when I'm using another sample email address except my own Gmail address in my 2nd app (I'm aware of it not sending it to real email addresses if not deployed, and my 1st app works), so I know it should still be sent to my own email address even if I put different email addresses in the automation. I was able to solve it. However, this happened again in the 3rd app. I tried doing exactly what I did in the 2nd app but to no avail. I continue trying though. Still nothing.

What I atleast wanted to know is, will it work with real email addresses after deploying those apps? Because so far, that's the only problem and wanna make sure it will work when I decided to deploy them.

Thanks so much for your time reading and answering!

0 6 78
6 REPLIES 6

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @paula 

Can you share a screenshot of what you set here ?

Aurelien_0-1663310071005.png

Well, in the 3rd app, it's my email address.

In the 2nd app that's working, I made the column Accounting where I set the datatype as email then auto-compute a value (acctg@gmail.com). After that, I referenced that column, and it works. However, that won't do in this app.1.PNG2.PNG

what about writing :

"acctg@gmail.com"

in the To field ?

Yes, that's the most direct way but that is what wouldn't work. When it's a plain email address, it would just accept my email

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

I don't get why it wouldn't work.

@Steve maybe you have an idea ? or @SkrOYC ?

By the way, @paula when you say it doesn't work: does the Bot monitor display an error ("Monitor" button) ? Would your app be sending an email and you are receiving it in your spam box ?

If there is an error message, it could be useful to know it.

For reference:

Monitor automation - AppSheet Help

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I can't make sense of your problem. Please try explaining it in a different way.

Top Labels in this Space