Email body expression to get LIST of data from multiple rows?

Hi all,

I am creating a shopping list app. I have made a slice view that only shows items with a quantity. Now I want to create an email action to send the full shopping list to myself or my wife However I am struggling setting up the email body template, so it generates the full list of all items from my slice. I can get it to display info from multipe rows using a SELECT function, however I need the email to display both: Category, Item, Unit and Quantity for all items in the list i.e. information from 4 columns, but per row, so the email body would look like e.g.

Diary, Milk, 3 ltr.
Diary, Yoghurt, 2 ltr.
Non-food, toilet paper, 2 pcs.
Non-food, dishwasher tabs, 1 pack
etc.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thx

Jannik

0 9 2,613
9 REPLIES 9

You could do that with…

<<SELECT(Table[KeyColumn],TRUE)>>
<<[Category]>>, <<[Item]>>, <<[Quantity]>> <<[Unit]>>
<>

Hi Aleksi,

Thx for your fast reply. I need to select and retrieve data from all rows where value of column “quantity” is higher than “0”. Can you help me build this into the expression below?

Br

Jannik

You could use something like…
<<SELECT(Table[KeyColumn],[Quantity]>0)>>

Thanks a lot! I’ll try it put and let you know if it solved my issue.

Br

Jannik

Hi Aleksi,

I could not get your suggestion to work. I am constructing the email body of the Action function: “External: Send mail” and not the workflow function for sending mails by schedule. In the Action body I am not able to add fields using <>, <>

The closest I got was this: LIST(SELECT(GOSHOP[Item], [Qty.]>0))
However I need to add also [Category] and [Unit] per item selected. I have spent hours and cannot find a way to add more than one column to the function above.

Hope that you can help me out as this should be a pretty simple task…

Br

Jannik

May I ask why don’t you use the normal Workflow for this purpose?

Hi Aleksi,

Sure! As I understand normal workflows are scheduled to run at a specified time and cannot be triggered. I need to push the mail. If I can trigger a workflow using an action it could work. Can this be done, you think?

Br

Jannik

Yes it’s possible with the Workflow, not with scheduled reports.

Aleksi is correct.

See topic " Sending Email from an Action Button" in this article https://help.appsheet.com/behavior/workflow-introduction/workflow

Top Labels in this Space