Email issues for moving to Bots

I had a scheduled email set-up using a slice of table to email all the open work orders in one email.  It worked great until Bots came.  I can not get to work now unless I enable "ForEachRowInTable" then I an email for each open work order.

0 9 131
9 REPLIES 9

What is the issue without the forEachRow option turned on?

Yes, if I turn on forEachRow I get multiple emails

For the automation's event, ensure the Condition property evaluates to true. For the Send an email task, ensure the Email Body property or Email Body Template  includes a START expression that returns a list of all the rows you want included.

I'm new at this so I'm sure I am missing something easy.  This is the error I get now....Error 1 : 'PM's PAST DUE' task 'PM's PAST DUE_Email Task' Body template. Start expression 'EQUIP[NEXT SERVICE STATUS]' should generate a List of Ref values. Please verify that it generates a List and that the contents of the List are Ref values. Ref values should come from the 'Key' column of the referenced table.

@adkinsele wrote:

EQUIP[NEXT SERVICE STATUS]

If this expression does not return values from the table's key column, modify it so that it does.

Is there an expression to do what I want without it being a key column?  We are using a "serial number" column as the key.

@adkinsele wrote:

Is there an expression to do what I want without it being a key column?

No. But why would you want to? As explained in the error you received, the START expression must return key values for it to work in the template.

ICYMI, you can certainly write an expression that returns key values based on other information. For example:

SELECT(Equip[Serial Number], [Next Service Status] = "Open")

Well I appreciate your help, it still doesn't work.  I probably did not explain what I'm trying do very well so let me start over.  The table Equip has rows for each generator and all of it's information which includes the last date serviced.  It will calculate if its ok, due or past due.  i have a slice for due and past due.  Before bots it would send an email ever day at a scheduled time of "past due" service dates which included all the information from that row....customer, serial, etc, etc.  Since bots came along I still get the email but no information.  I had these set up for inventory needed to reorder and many other things but they all stopped with bots and I can' figure out what to do.  As I stated before I am a rookie at this so any help is appreciated.

@adkinsele wrote:

Since bots came along I still get the email but no information.

I was not an AppSheet user at the time that the current automation functionality replaced the previous workflow functionality. Nonetheless, it seems perhaps unlikely that this is the cause: According to IMPORTANT: Final transition (Editor UI) from Workflows to Bots beginning Nov 11th, 2021, that transition occurred more than a year ago and was backwards compatible. Potentially, you introduced some other change in your app that isn't accounted for in the original implementation of the app's automation--especially if you noticed the change recently.

Regardless, if you share concrete details of your automation's configuration, one of the community experts may be able to advise you on troubleshooting. I suggest include all the details of the automation's event and the main section of its 'Send an email' task.

Top Labels in this Space