Email workflow ques - I have a form for new a...

Email workflow ques - I have a form for new applications and want to be able to send an email based on the app status.

How can I get the name of the applicant to show in the subject line?

I’ve tried [Last Name] and [_THISROW] and [RegID] which is the key, none work.

0 7 334
7 REPLIES 7

@Tammi_Canelli

If you are creating a event triggered workflow rule, then you can reference any field in the table or slice specified in the “Target data” property by simply using the field’s name. So if the field is called “Last Name” you would specify [Last Name].

If you are trying to do something else, then can you provide: 1. The account id 2. The app name 3. The workflow rule name 4. A description of what you are trying to achieve

This works for me in the “Email Subject” space;

Howdy <>, It was great to see you!

Let’s keep in touch!

[Last Name] nor <> work. but that is a column name in the table.

@Tammi_Canelli If you provide the other information I requested I may be able to help you.

@Tammi_Canelli

Did you resolve the problem?

If not, I can take a look at your app to investigate further if you provide: 1. Your account id (from the Account pane) 2. Your app name 3. Your workflow rule name 4. The steps, if any, that I need to follow to see the problem.

No I got side tracked with my dep dropdown problem…I may scrap the email workflow and just create a table view - need to wait and talk to the triage staff to see what they prefer.

I appreciate the offer to help and may be in touch this week if they tell me they want email notifications

@Tammi_Canelli

Glad to help if you need it.

Top Labels in this Space