Emailing mulitple email addresses at once

Hi All,

I need assistance for the following.

I want to send an email to a group of email addresses.

I have a list of stores nationally with email addresses. They are broken down into 2 regions, 10 counties and 20 clusters.

I want to send a mail to stores that are part of cluster 1

how do i set up my table to achieve this

thanking you in advance
Dessie

0 9 207
9 REPLIES 9

โ€œI haveโ€ = There is no schema to worry about, my table is perfect (?)
โ€œI haveโ€ = There is a list written somewhere that I need to make a table of (?)

Hi

My table is broken down as follows:

Region County Cluster Store Name Store Email

The table contains over 200 records

The idea here is that an email must be sent to a list based on a selection which could be either a region, a county or a cluster

If you want to do this from anywhere in your app, SELECT() is the fastest approach

Better formulas depends heavily on what your schema is.
But itโ€™s not hard at all. Just be aware that if you have to store the list you will need an EnumList base type Email and if you want to directly send to a list from Bot you can just have a formula returning a list of emails

thank youโ€ฆI will read up on this and give it a try

thank you

To shed a little more lightโ€ฆit is assumed you have a table, pretend itโ€™s called Emails, that has the list of emails addresses along with all of the qualifying details to classify the email by Region, County and Cluster.

Next it is presumed that you have a second table where you someway choose the Region, County and Cluster and upon Save of this row, you want to trigger an Automation that sends an email to all email addresses associated with those chosen attributes.

In your Automation Bot you will have a task for sending an email and in that task is a property named โ€œToโ€ (see image from Task)
3X_6_1_61aed6d3aa8f0226b086161202ba0990d14e5f98.png

In this To field you can insert an expression to choose the list of emails (click the flask icon). Now since you said you choose โ€œeither a region, a county or a clusterโ€, I would use an expression like this:

IFS(
    ISNOTBLANK([Region]), SELECT(Emails[Email Address], [Region] = [_THISROW].[Region]),
    ISNOTBLANK([County]), SELECT(Emails[Email Address], [Region] = [_THISROW].[County]),
    ISNOTBLANK([Cluster]), SELECT(Emails[Email Address], [Region] = [_THISROW].[Cluster])
)

NOTE: Simply adjust the IFS() options if you find you need to set other attributes to identify the list of emails. The same basic pattern will still apply.

I hope this helps!

Your table definition does not matter because your question is not clear at all
Our questions to you:

1. Are you have table or wanted us to define structure
  2. Are you ask about data definition or E-mail sending (these are different things)

Apologies for not being clear

What wanted to know is how do set up the workflow based on the criteria selected

You should post your whole Bot config and when/where/how that bot should be triggered

Top Labels in this Space