Enum Values Dependent of another table

Hi it might seem that this is a repeated post but together with Suvrutt Gurjar we understood that it was better to start a new discussion.

I have the following problem:
I have two tables,
“Corte de Obra” this correspond to a pre-invoice procedure and gathers a group of activities entered on the next table “Actividades de Obra”. both tables have a column called “Fecha de Pago” (date of payment) this date of payment is inserted by the user in the first table but will affect every entry on “Actividades de Obra”. Through Google Sheets and the formula “=if(NOT(W2=”"),VLOOKUP(W2,‘Corte de Obra’!$B$2:$N,13,FALSE))" I am able to populate the table “Actividades de Obra”.

My problem is that once this date of payment is inserted and then populated by google sheets on the table “Actividades de Obra” I want the “Status” column in this table, which has ENUM values “Non Initiated, Initiated, Terminated, Suspended, Presented for payment, Paid” that might previously been selected by a user, to be affected to “Paid” once the date of payment is inserted.

Can someone have a clue on how to achieve this?

Solved Solved
0 10 2,467
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

El otro tema es que cada necesito esas columnas en Sheets para hacer otros calculos…
YA RESOLVI

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Bahbus

Create an action that specifically updates that column to paid. Then create a workflow for whichever table normally get the payment date that triggers on updates. Have the workflow trigger that action.

Thanx for your reply,

I’ve never used workflow before but I gave it a try!!

I’ve poked around and when I select Data Change in the workflow to trigger the action at Data Change Action Name
the only option that gives me is to delete… somehow I can not trigger the action that I created to change…

Hola Luis,

Te recomiendo trasladar esa lógica a Appsheet, Para eso, en la tabla ACTIVIDADES DE OBRA, elimina la columna FECHA DE PAGO, y crea una COLUMNA VIRTUAL con el mismo nombre, en esta columna Virtual la formula seria:
[IDCorteDeObra].[Fecha de Pago]
Es decir leerá la Fecha del registro Parent de CORTE DE OBRA

Gracias Fernando, pero despues puedo hacer con que ese valor en esa columna virtual haga el cambio del ENUM VALUE en la columna de estado?

El otro tema es que cada necesito esas columnas en Sheets para hacer otros calculos…
YA RESOLVI

Correcto,
Tendria que ser algo asi:

1. Crear un ACTION relacionado a la tabla ACTIVIDADES DE OBRA, donde [Estado] = “Paid”
  2. Crear un Workflow del tipo CHANGE DATA para la misma tabla con la condición que dependa de FECHA DE PAGO, seria algo asi: [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Fecha de Pago] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Fecha de Pago], y seleccionar el ACTION creado en el paso 1

esto solo funciona si la app esta deployed… cierto?

Funcionara incluso en estado NOT DEPLOYED

Since the app is not deployed, workflow rules will deliver email only to the app owner

esto es lo que me aparece…

Si, correcto, pero estarias usando un WORKFLOW, del tipo CHANGE DATA, asi que no habrá problema, funcionará.

Top Labels in this Space