Enum vs. Enumlist with showif statements

I am working on a app that collects information. I a Enum list that effects what other questions your see moving forward. I would like the change that to Enumlist so multiple options can be selected. When I make the change to Enumlist I get an error message for he questions that are depending on the answers from that question-see below. Is there a way to use Enumlist when future questions are based on the answer(s).

“Column Name ‘Job Type’ in Schema ‘Sheet1_Schema’ of Column Type ‘EnumList’ has an invalid show_if constraint ‘=NOT([Job Type] = “OTC”)’. Cannot compare List with Text in ([Job Type] = “OTC”)”

Thanks as always to those much smarter than me with AppSheet.

Foster

0 3 209
3 REPLIES 3

Hello!

Your formula should look like this

NOT(
	IN(
		"OTC",
		SPLIT(
			[Job Type],
			","
		)
	)
)

You saved me with this one !

Sorry for the mix up. I didn’t notice that one error message had the NOT statement. That was my mistake. I should have shown the error message below. Every one of my questions about 60 will be dependent on the previous answer in “Job Type”. Some question will apply with multiple answers. The multiple answers condition is where my problem arises.

Column Name ‘Current Interior Color’ in Schema ‘Sheet1_Schema’ of Column Type ‘Text’ has an invalid show_if constraint ‘=[Job Type]=“Leather”’. Cannot compare List with Text in ([Job Type] = “Leather”)

Top Labels in this Space