Enum with valid if issue

Iโ€™m trying to perform an Enum lookup from another table in the workbook. However, it is referencing the wrong column in the sheet with the enum options. Here is my setup:

Type: Enum
Base type: Text
Valid If: Sort(Settings[Industry])

0 9 168
9 REPLIES 9

I would add, if I go and edit the column title (Industry) with the column title it is ACTUALLY pulling the enum options from, then my entire field/option disappears from the form. Itโ€™s like there is some circular behavior taking placeโ€ฆ

Hi @ten4info
Are your column headings bold?

Bold and the cells are shaded.

@Lynn, is there an issue with bold/shaded cells for this type of application? I just took the bold and shading offโ€ฆno different. Maybe I need to confirm what the setting should be for this to work.

@ten4info
Your column headers should be bold,
Have you checked out this info

Can I put multiple ref lists to be used for enum expressions on the same worksheet/table? Iโ€™ve tried it and one list populates in full (col. B), the other list (Col. A) is cut off in the enum selections. Col. C is a unique ID.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please post a screenshot of the Settings worksheet.

@Steve I simplified this approach by creating a new, clean table with ref list for enum lists. Still having any issue. Right now, I have two cols. in A and B and uniqueID in C.

Hi @ten4info
It is usual practice to put the key in column A . Are you still having problems?

Top Labels in this Space