Erratic behaviour uploading images

Hi @Gil @Aleksi , I hope you or someone in the community can help me.
I have a deployed app in which i upload photos, and have different behaviours on selecting the photo source depending on how I access to the app.

Case 1. Running the app from Web on Mobile Device

• NOT allow select images from gallery, just the camera

Case 2. Running the app from deployed APK (whitelabel app) on Mobile Device

• In this case I have the option to select from Camera or Gallery
  • But the select photo does NOT load, it shows with an exclamation symbol

Case 3. Running the app from Appsheet App on a Mobile Device

• In this case ALL works OK. I have the option to select from Camera or Gallery
  • The photos loads correctly
    3X_1_f_1f68818ec1a0c111fc3499f110985e149e0f86f9.gif

The users will use the deployed app from MOBILE DEVICES, so I have CASE 1 and CASE 2, and both of them have problems.

The testing was made on a

• Samsung Note 10
  • iPhoneX
  • Huawei Mate 10

Please I need help,

Thanks !!!

0 15 359
15 REPLIES 15

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I encourage you to contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Hi @Fernando_Lopez,
Case 1 is the intended behavior, you can’t select from the Gallery in a mobile browser.
Is case 2 concerning a white label app? Is it possible the APK for the app was generated a long time ago? Could you please check the version number of that APK?

Hi @Gil ,

How can I achieve this? I need to upload images from the mobile gallery. I need to use this feature for iPhone mobiles, I’ can’t deploy the app to the AppStore

I’ve just generate the APK, one week ago.

I’m not sure if you refer to this:

Version 14.0

Thanks in advance

Hi @Fernando_Lopez,
Unfortunately, selecting an existing image was never possible on mobile browser. Only on the mobile app, or desktop browser.

As for case 2:
This seems like a recent bug with our white labeled apps (thanks for reporting it!), I’m currently investigating the issue and will let you know when we have a fix.

Hi @Gil,

The main poblem is in the iPhone mobiles. Two questions

1. If I change the type column to FILE TYPE, can I be able to select a file on a iPhone mobile browser?
  2. Does the whitelabel app on iOS devices let me select photo from gallery/roll ?

I’ve just noticed, because I don’t have the problem in other apps deployed months ago (on Android devices)

Thanks in advance

1. If I change the type column to FILE TYPE, can I be able to select a file on a iPhone mobile?

That wouldn’t work on iOS (it would on Android though)

1. Does the whitelabel app on iOS devices let me select photo from gallery/roll ?

Yes, iOS white labeled app would work. However, keep in mind that getting your app white labeled and app store approved takes more effort on iOS than on Android.

I’ve just noticed, because I don’t have the problem in other apps deployed months ago (on Android devices)

Yes, it seems like a bug in a recent update.

Hi @Gil

I don’t have another option for iOS users, do you know who can bring me support on iOS deployment/whitelabel of appsheet team ?

Please, let me know when this will be corrected, I need this for Android users.

Thanks a lot

For white labeling on iOS, please follow the instructions on this article:

Hi @Fernando_Lopez,
We have a fix for the image issue on Android white labeled apps.
You’ll need to generate a new apk to get it.

Hi Gil,

I have a similar issue i have downloaded the new apk and tried running it the image issue is not resolved.

Can you help me out with the details.

Thanks Gil.

I have one more question. I need to upload a video file on iOS device. How can i do this?

I tried creating a FILE TYPE column but when the user tries to upload a video file, it does not accept. How Can i do this?

Hi Fernando, can you confirm the file type you are uploading? Also, if you are uploading a local video and not from icloud?

Hi @mandar ,
I’m trying to upload an mp4 LOCAL video file
What I need is to upload a file video as easy is to upload a picture from the camera/photo roll

Thanks

Hi @mandar
Do you have some news about this?

Top Labels in this Space