Error: Formula/n took too long too process

Good Day,

I hope everyone is well. I have come across an error that i have not seen before and i was wondering if anyone has come across the same error and how they managed to solve it.

The Error does not allow the App to open and it says โ€œUnable to fetch app definition. Error:Request cancelled: took too long to process: Computing a formula/nโ€

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

With Thanks

0 6 415
6 REPLIES 6

Post a copy of the formula and let us see of we can suggest how to make it shorter. Iโ€™ve seen the error 1 or 2 times before. It seems to be related to the number of characters and not the time it takes to process

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This error is almost always due to virtual columns with complex App formula expressions. Youโ€™ll need to review all of your virtual columns and consider how to remove or simplify them. In particular, look for ways to reduce the use of FILTER(), LOOKUP(), MAXROW(), MINROW(), and SELECT().

Hi Simon, Hi Steve,

Thank you for the feedback. I will look into the virtual columns to identify which of the formulas are causing the problem.

Kind Regards,

Dear @Steve 

If I uncheck the "Show?" box of a complex virtual column, does it exclude that column from being processed during sync therefore improving the speed of sync ?

The Show? setting of a column has no effect on sync times.

Que alternativas planteas a su uso? Me refiero sobre todo a filter, lookup y select.

Gracias!!

Top Labels in this Space