Hide Add Button For Duplicate Inline Table

long shot...

There are Customers with Related Appointments, and Related Photos. The Photos table has a CustID and AppointmentID column so that a Photo can be associated with 1) A Customer or 2) A Customer AND a Related Appointment.

Photos for Cust_Detail and Appointment_Detail view are displayed as inline tables with "View" and "Add" Buttons

With the addtion that Appointment_Detail has all of the Customer Related Photos displayed inline as well. Two lots of inline photos for Appointments.

In the Appointments Table;
the Appointment Photos are a VC list: REF_ROWS("Photos", "AppointmentID"). 
the Customer Photos are retrieved via a VC list: [CustID].[Related Photos]

I can't see a way to lose/hide the "Add" button for the Inline Customer Related Photos in Appointment_Detail view. 

Thank you anyone who knows how this could be done.

Solved Solved
0 3 155
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Tristan_Bennett wrote:

I fear that i will have to create an uneditable slice that is an exact copy of all photo data.

Oh, I see they are both from the same source table of Photos.  That didm't sink in the first time around.

@Tristan_Bennett wrote:

I fear that i will have to create an uneditable slice that is an exact copy of all photo data.

Yes,  creating a Slice is probably the way to resolve this.  It will be fine to use a Slice. I don't believe it's truly an exact copy.  And Photos for sure are not replicated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You can use the CONTEXT() function as shown in the image below.  It shows the action in other views normally but is hidden in the "Appointment_Detail" view.

System Add action in the Photos table set of actions

Be sure to confirm the actual name of your Detail view 

Screen Shot 2022-10-23 at 7.20.52 PM.png

Thank you for your reply.

The problem i have is that for appointments there are two lots of photos being displayed.

Inline photos for the appointment

Inline photos for the customer (to show historial data inside the appointment view)

So if i disable the Add button this way i lose it from both.

@Tristan_Bennett wrote:

Oh, I see they are both from the same source table of Photos.  That didm't sink in the first time around.

@Tristan_Bennett wrote:

Yes,  creating a Slice is probably the way to resolve this.  It will be fine to use a Slice. I don't believe it's truly an exact copy.  And Photos for sure are not replicated.

Top Labels in this Space