Error [column] should generate a List of Ref values

Hi everyone.

I'm facing a problem and I know the reason but I can't manage to fix it. 

I have a table with answers of a form, my goal is to create a PDF with the answers of that form, with Start and End expression in the template. 

Edit : forgot to precise, I want to show several rows.

In another automation for another row I only use one row on a report and it works fine. 

GFormMLH_0-1660348110464.png

Here is my table :

GFormMLH_1-1660348228586.png

GFormMLH_2-1660348247657.png

I tried creating a virtual column with a list of ref with a formula : " LIST([Nom de la soudure])  " but i don't think this is what i'm supposed to do. 

Can anyone help me out understanding how to make it work please ? 

Solved Solved
0 4 219
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Steve. 

I managed to fix my issue myself, but still thank you.

What I wanted was to show in a report a list of rows based on one criteria, like this : 

GFormMLH_0-1660572204543.png

Did not properly understood how the lists works.

I created a new table where i created a list of ref to my criteria table, then stored my report in that new table. 

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

As you noted, a virtual column within the table whose rows you want in the pdf is almost surely not the you need. Regardless, the [LIST] virtual column that you created does not even produce a list of multiple values. The expression LIST([Nom de la soudure]) only creates in each row a single-item list containing row's [Nom de la soudure] value.

It sounds like you may need the "The simplest Start expression is the name of a table and its key column" technique from the Use Start expressions in templates - AppSheet Help article.

Thank for your answer. 

I did as you suggest, a simple start expression but the error is still the same. 

So I tried creating a list, as the message error said, but I'm facing difficulties : 

I created a new column"ControleID", but it seems like i can't make it into a list if it's not a virtual table...

I created another table "ReportSelectID" with a formula : 

SELECT(QUAL FORM 02[ControleID],if(isnotblank([table]),
[table] =[_thisrow].[table],
true
))

But still an error message. 

How should i configure my table to have a list ? 

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I am completely confused by what you want to do.

Please provide an example of the result you want to get. Please indicate which columns provide which data in the result.

Please post screenshots of any error messages you encounter.

Hi Steve. 

I managed to fix my issue myself, but still thank you.

What I wanted was to show in a report a list of rows based on one criteria, like this : 

GFormMLH_0-1660572204543.png

Did not properly understood how the lists works.

I created a new table where i created a list of ref to my criteria table, then stored my report in that new table. 

Have a nice day.

Top Labels in this Space