Error in column values on WORD template

Hello,

Iโ€™m trying to use my first WORD docx as a template for a specific workflow (previously using google docs).
Actually Iโ€™m getting this kind of an error: โ€œExpression โ€˜โ€โ€DลนWIGI W PROJEKCIEโ€โ€โ€™ is invalid due to: Expression refers to undefined field.โ€.

I have no expressions in the template, just column values. First I put values that way: <>, log was ok but it didnโ€™t work and only these formulas appeared in the attachement.

Then - I corrected and added brackets, <<[column name]>> and have started getting erros in logs.

I came back to type <> but errors still continue.

Thatโ€™s my docx:

Do you have any idea what Iโ€™m doing wrong?

Thank you!

0 12 621
12 REPLIES 12

Maybe itโ€™s the special character " ลน "???

This could be the reasonโ€ฆ But in such case I would need to change column namesโ€ฆ Errors of the first steps in the Appsheet (and generally databases rules, I suppose)โ€ฆ

On the other hand - in my older templates I have also these โ€œspecial charactersโ€.

The other difference which comes to my mind is: google docs vs. Word templates.

Word might be more tightly constrained.

For troubleshooting, you could try stripping the template down to the simplest possible thing:

<<[DลนWIGI W PROJEKCIE]>>

Literally make that the entirety of the template, in WORD. If that produces the error, contact support@appsheet.com and provide them with the template. It should be easy for them to troubleshoot the internals to find the problem.

@Admin_Techlift,

Also, if you are referring to column values in the workflow templates the syntax is <<[Column Name]>> instead of << Column Name >>

I donโ€™t agree. In old templates made in google docs, the syntax <> works perfectly.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

None of your โ€œcolumn valuesโ€ are valid. The angle brackets, << and >>, are intended to enclose an AppSheet expression to be evaluated. The result of the evaluation of that expression is then substituted at that location in the template. Youโ€™ve placed column names directly within the angle brackets. Column names are not valid expressions, hence the error message youโ€™re getting. Instead, enclose the each column name in square brackets to get the value of the column. For instance, instead of this:

<<DลนWIGI W PROJEKCIE>>

use this:

<<[DลนWIGI W PROJEKCIE]>>

Iโ€™ve got the following in a template of mine, doesnโ€™t cause any errors:

2X_e_e66d9dd207eb71fcd92ced5ca7f788957b5c9f01.png
Wild!

All my previous templates work with only angle brackets, but theyโ€™re made in google docs. This time Iโ€™ve tried the WORD template and in both cases of brackets - it doesnโ€™t work.

I put the square brackets <<[DลนWIGI W PROJEKCIE]>> and the errors occur.
I put only the angle brackets <<DลนWIGI W PROJEKCIE>> and the errors occur.

The same error description is showed in the log.

No idea, all my previous templates work with only angle brackets, but theyโ€™re made in google docs. This time Iโ€™ve tried the WORD template and in both cases of brackets - it doesnโ€™t work.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I want to say this behavior changed relatively recently, like within the last year.

Please create a very simple test application that reproduces the problem and submit a bug report that refers to that application.

Top Labels in this Space