Error in regeneration

Using Appsheet with Database.  Column definitions in one of the tables are not accurately reflecting in the table definitions of the App.  Specifically, I have phantom columns of one of the tables in the App that are persistent, i.e., Regenerate Structure does not get rid of them, and deleting the table from the App and re-adding it also keeps the phantom column.  Needless to say, this is a fundamental problem.  Anyone else run into this?

0 8 121
8 REPLIES 8

Could you define "phantom columns"?

@MOverturf wrote:

Column definitions in one of the tables are not accurately reflecting in the table definitions of the App

You mean the number and name of the columns or their column type?

Certainly, see pic below.  There are two fields in this table (the first Service Level Requirement and field Service Availability Requirement) that are not on the database schema.  They do not go away with regeneration, and cannot be deleted or used.  I can change their type, makes no difference.  Cannot get rid of them.

I basically made them invisible, but it's a little strange to have this hanging around if the source database definition has no such record.

tableshot.jpg

How certain are you that it doesn't exist on your database schema?

Thanks for the question, and of course, nothing is absolutely certain.  But a simple interrogation of the table structure (shown below) does not show these fields.

MOverturf_0-1666123591884.png

Could you contact support for your database provider as well as AppSheet? I don't think there is a bug on the AppSheet side, maybe on your database's

Thanks. The database provide is AppSheet, so don't have to go far there.
Appreciate the consideration!

--
Michael C Overturf
Technical Organizational Change Manager, MDH OET
Navitas Business Consulting, Inc.
(c) 413 695 5500

--
NOTICE: This message and the accompanying documents are intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may
contain information that is privileged, or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that you are strictly prohibited from reading,
disseminating, distributing, or copying this communication. If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and
destroy the original transmission. 

Based on your other post, I now know that you are talking about AppSheet Databases (which is different from SQL databases).

Please ask for help on the corresponding post since this is a preview feature:

Introducing new AppSheet database feature in publi... - Google Cloud Community

Thank you!  We solved the problem by dropping the AppSheet database system, as it is immature are unreliable.  Everything works fine now - mostly, anyway.  Thanks for your kind interest.

Top Labels in this Space