Error message: Column Name 'Guest fee' in Sch...

Error message: Column Name โ€˜Guest feeโ€™ in Schema โ€˜ContractData_Schemaโ€™ has a Sheet Formula as well as an App Formula. This is not allowed. Spreadsheet formula I canโ€™t remove: RC[-5]+RC[-4]+RC[-1]

Hi, Iโ€™m having difficulty removing a conflict with my formulas.

My original formula from my data was a formula in Google Sheets.

Iโ€™m removing that formula from my Google sheet and adding it as an app formula.

For some reason after the sync with my spreadsheet, I still see the spreadsheet formula in the auto-compute section.

This field is grayed out and it does not appear that I can manually remove it, as I have done many times in the past prior to today.

Is this a bug related to todayโ€™s earlier problem with Google Sheets? Any help would be appreciated.

0 13 682
13 REPLIES 13

Hi Ken, is this still an issue or have you found out what was the reason?

@Aleksi_Alkio thanks for your reply.

Yes this problem persists.

I would simply like to have the ability to change spreadsheet formula to a value and then create the same formula in Appsheet.

It does not appear to be possible.

Thanks

We will update this feature with the new editor.

If you want I can check your app. For doing that, I would need to know the account ID, app name and then table/column name.

One thing you can doโ€ฆ copy & paste your values in that column as โ€œPaste values onlyโ€ and then regenerate the column structure. Then it wonโ€™t read any sheet formulas and you are able to add an app formula.

Thanks I did exactly that.

There seems to be a bug.

Despite having only values in that column in Google sheets, AppSheet still recognizes the old formula after I regenerate.

I would guess there is an issue with the regeneration.

Let me check thisโ€ฆ

It seems that you are correct. It wonโ€™t do that. As a workaround you can change to old editor and remove that formula because that field is editable.

Thanks.

Yes I would like to revert to a previous version of the editor.

How would i do this?

In your URL after the app name & account ID add &OldEditor=trueโ€ฆ like โ€ฆAppName-000000&OldEditor=true&โ€ฆ

Hello

I am having the exact same issue.

All formulas are deleted from spreadsheet and after structure regeneration, it magically reappears.
I tried the โ€œ&OldEditor=trueโ€ in the URL but still the same issue.

Did you find a solution since then ?

I retried and it worked โ€ฆ

Thanks so much.

I donโ€™t know the reason for the change in the latest version, but my vote is for the prior versionโ€™s ability to delete the spreadsheet formula.

Top Labels in this Space