Evaluating datetime in table vs report time

Mike_T

Iโ€™ve built a report that is triggered everyday at the same time 10:30am Pacific Standard Time

In the โ€œIf this is trueโ€ฆโ€ field:
AND([Session Date]>(NOW()+2.5),[Session Date]<(NOW()+3.5),ISNOTBLANK([Booked By]),ISBLANK([Confirmed By]))

My table is setup with a row for everyday, Session Date column is DateTime type. e.g. 1/29/2021 10:30:00

Iโ€™m trying to send out a reminder email to the user in the BookedBy column that has reservation 3 days from now (72 hours).

My questions areโ€ฆ

1. is NOW() using the local time to evaluate the value in the โ€œIf this is trueโ€ field?
  2. this doesnโ€™t feel like the best way to handle this, any better suggestions?
0 3 195
3 REPLIES 3

Good question. I did a simple test of that just now by setting up a report which just sends a default email, but with a subject line of

<<NOW()>> <<UTCNOW()>>

The email came in with both timestamps the same. I would do a follow-up test by having a Report actually get auto-fired by the system instead of manually pressing the โ€œRunโ€ button, but so far it seems that no, it is not using local time, it is using UTC time.

I think this shorter condition will get you the same result:

DATE( [Session Date] ) = TODAY() + 3

Thank you for testing.
I tried creating a slice with my original expression and it returned the correct row and info when tested. I then changed the report over to use this Slice for the Table Name. I hit Run and it worked just fine. I then made some edits to the body of the email and added back in a few email addresses in the CC field. Hit Run again and no email!

The Slice still returns the one row. Iโ€™m a bit confused now. Iโ€™m assuming the email addresses do not have to have โ€œโ€ around them? It didnโ€™t in my first successful test.

Also checked the log and it says successful. Iโ€™ll try again without the extra CC emails.

Mike_T

OK. Now itโ€™s working fine!

Thanks again for testing and the suggestion. I will probably convert the slice over to your simpler evaluation! Have a great weekend!

Top Labels in this Space