Execute an action on a set of rows from a different table

I have 3 Tables- Parts Database, Request Parts and user filter

Ref Between Parts Database and Request Parts

Currently using a dashboard view that uses useremail to filter the parts database to find a part and request it. added an action button to add new part to the Parts Database incase the part has never been entered. 

The issue i am having trouble with is when they click a part in the dashboard view it goes directly to the request parts and auto fills in the row data, but if they make changes for instance we have several machine centers and sometimes the parts can be used in more than one place the Parts database is constantly growing and new machines added so Old Parts might work for it as well. So when they request a part they need to beable to update the columns and once submitted the updates happen in the Parts Database as well as a new Request is added to the Request Parts.

I have tried using and example i found on here and did the steps its a little differently set up from what i have so here is where i am

Data:Execute an action on a set of rows - on the Request Parts Form

bmayers_0-1647961491843.png

Add it to Event Actions on Request form 

bmayers_1-1647961572565.png

Then did an Data: Set the values of some columns in this row on the Parts database

bmayers_2-1647961617399.png

Tried using Bots, tried without using bots but never can get it to update the row on Parts Database only get the new Row for Requested Part

0 0 58
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space