Expression no result

Hi All,
In test this is giving me the correct result but remain blank on actual: Both tested in Initial Value and app formula.

ANY(
SELECT(
ORDER DETAILS[DIPSTICK CLOSING],[TIMESTAMP]=MAX(SELECT(ORDER DETAILS[Timestamp],
AND([New Delivery]=FALSE,[Month]=[_Thisrow].[Month],[PRODUCT NAME]=โ€œDIESELโ€)
)),
)
)
+
ANY(
SELECT(
ORDER DETAILS[DIPSTICK CLOSING],[TIMESTAMP]=MAX(SELECT(ORDER DETAILS[Timestamp],
AND([New Delivery]=FALSE,[Month]=[_Thisrow].[Month],[PRODUCT NAME]=โ€œPREMIUMโ€)
)),
)
)
+
ANY(
SELECT(
AND([New Delivery]=FALSE,[Month]=[_Thisrow].[Month],[PRODUCT NAME]=โ€œUNLEADEDโ€)
)),
)
)

please assist.
thanks

0 10 171
10 REPLIES 10

Please elaborate on your situation here. Can you provide some screenshots? Is this a real or virtual column?

Hi Marc,
Not VC.
it works. I guess the select expression is taking too much time to give the result.
I also removed one โ€œANDโ€ criteria - โ€œ[New Delivery]=FALSEโ€.
Not the first time I noticed this situation.
to avoid dragging the sync time this is the only column i put app formula, the rest are all in spreadsheet.

So your problem is solved?

No, thatโ€™s not a thing.

Expressions in real columns do not affect sync times.

why do you think it is taking too much time or sometimes not giving result? i havenโ€™t done much changed though.
anyways. thanks

Without seeing more details of the situation, I cannot guess as to what you are experiencing.

since its working now, Iโ€™ll keep an eye on it and update with details if occurs again.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Remove these pointless commas:

3X_d_7_d74e1e0329f6fc41b50d8f69b81da4e744162d1e.png

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Hereโ€™s your expression, reformatted from my clarity (and without the extra commas):

ANY(
  SELECT(
    ORDER DETAILS[DIPSTICK CLOSING],
    (
      [TIMESTAMP]
      = MAX(
        SELECT(
          ORDER DETAILS[Timestamp],
          AND(
            ([New Delivery] = FALSE),
            ([Month] = [_Thisrow].[Month]),
            ([PRODUCT NAME] = โ€œDIESELโ€)
          )
        )
      )
    )
  )
)
+ ANY(
  SELECT(
    (
      [TIMESTAMP]
      = MAX(
        SELECT(
          AND(
            ([PRODUCT NAME] = โ€œPREMIUMโ€)
          )
        )
      )
    )
  )
)
+ ANY(
  SELECT(
    (
      [TIMESTAMP]
      = MAX(
        SELECT(
          AND(
            ([PRODUCT NAME] = โ€œUNLEADEDโ€)
          )
        )
      )
    )
  )
)

This is potentially very expensive expression! Youโ€™re scanning the ORDER DETAILS table many, many times in the course of just one run of this expression.

thanks, Steve. totally agree that is very expensive. I need it but donโ€™t know any other way.

Brute force always works! haha

__
I imagine the use of references and slices would significantly reduce the load on the device.

Top Labels in this Space