Expression to refer to App Name? Is there a ...

Expression to refer to App Name?

Is there a way to dynamically refer to the appname?

It would be so useful to me.

I havenโ€™t found a way to do it yet.

0 6 455
6 REPLIES 6

@Rosemary_Black

In case you wish to get

the App Name that you give in App Properties option under Info pane, there is variable

<<_APPNAME>>

and some similar variables available as mentioned in the attached document. These are template

variables available for use in reports and workflows.

help.appsheet.com - Template Variables Template Variables help.appsheet.com

I donโ€™t believe it is possible. Is the app name likely to change often or what is the reason?

I am running a couple duplicate apps, everything is the same except for the data and the project.

It would be really helpful to refer to the app name, so that when updating from one copy, views and filters could refer to the app name and I wouldnโ€™t have to change anything.

Using it in the workflows is nice, but I really need something dynamic in the app itself.

@Bellave_Jayaram @Suvrutt_Gurjar

@Rosemary_Black, As mentioned, I believe these all variables are for workflow/reports . Appname variable is for getting and not changing the given AppName . I believe changing the app name dynamically is currently not available.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar I donโ€™t want to change the app name, but I would like to change other things based on the app name.

Does that make sense?

Because you canโ€™t read the app name directly in the app, you need to add that name as a variable into your app. It can be a virtual column somewhereโ€ฆ like CONCATENATE(โ€œAppNameโ€) and then you can read it where ever you need it.

Top Labels in this Space